After enabling HTTPS - Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.

ralharithi
ralharithi
Hello All,  I have a problem that I need your help to resolve.  I had uberSVN installed on CentOs 32bit. I had not used it yet as I was awaiting getting SSL certificates. Now it has been installed and configured.  The moment I configure uberSVN to have SSL, it disappeared.  The SVN can not be reached via the Web or anything else.  I had removed it and re-installed it all over again! Great it worked, up until I enabled HTTPS, and the same thing happens.  Here is my error:  This webpage is not available Google Chrome's connection attempt to XXXXXxit.com was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured. Here are some suggestions: Reload this webpage later. Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using. Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again. If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox. Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): The server refused the connection.   Please help I need to get this working desperately.  Regards,  RA

Last updated

ianwild
ianwild
Does HTTPS work if you use the default self signed certificate rather than your own?  Could you check the Apache error log to see if it sheds any light on things? Perhaps you could post a copy of that here? (Something like /opt/ubersvn/data/logs/error_log).  I'm not sure if it's any use for you, but we do offer pay per use support where one of our support engineers can work on this with you via a shared desktop session?  Best Wishes,   Ian
ralharithi
ralharithi
The Server admin had to change the 400+ port to another one as he says it was reserved for somrething else and also add an acception to firewall. I am now having 2 diffrent issues.  One is erros like:   Sun Dec 11 20:43:27 2011] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `ubersvn' does NOT match server name!? [Sun Dec 11 20:43:27 2011] [notice] Apache/2.2.19 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.19 OpenSSL/1.0.0d DAV/2 SVN/1.7.1 mod_wsgi/3.3 Python/2.7.2 configured -- resuming normal operations   And this:  [11 Dec 2011 20:44:38] INFO (?:?) - Updating httpd repo location conf file /opt/ubersvn/conf/conf.d/50-repositories.conf [11 Dec 2011 20:44:38] ERROR (?:?) - Directory: /opt/ubersvn/tomcat/temp/sventon_config/RepositoryBrowser/repositories/zoo could NOT be created [11 Dec 2011 20:45:54] INFO (?:?) - Finished Verify Task   And this: [11 Dec 2011 20:44:38] INFO - Updating authz file /opt/ubersvn/conf/svn.authz  [11 Dec 2011 20:44:38] INFO - Updating httpd repo location conf file /opt/ubersvn/conf/conf.d/50-repositories.conf  [11 Dec 2011 20:44:38] ERROR - Directory: /opt/ubersvn/tomcat/temp/sventon_config/RepositoryBrowser/repositories/zoo could NOT be created About to get HTTP_PORTS Setup HTTP_PORTS About to get HTTP_PORTS Setup HTTP_PORTS [11 Dec 2011 20:45:54] INFO - Finished Verify Task About to get HTTP_PORTS Setup HTTP_PORTS About to get HTTP_PORTS Setup HTTP_PORTS About to get HTTP_PORTS Setup HTTP_PORTS About to get HTTP_PORTS Setup HTTP_PORTS About to get HTTP_PORTS Setup HTTP_PORTS About to get HTTP_PORTS Setup HTTP_PORTS About to get HTTP_PORTS Setup HTTP_PORTS About to get HTTP_PORTS Setup HTTP_PORTS About to get HTTP_PORTS Setup HTTP_PORTS About to get HTTP_PORTS Setup HTTP_PORTS   and unable to to connect to the server using TrotriseSVN.  It has been 2 months now and i can not get this to work, and it delayed my progress, not sure anymore.
ralharithi
ralharithi
Here is an update for everyone.  Check your firewall, and enable the ports.  If you run an HTTPS, make sure to install the certificate also for uberSVN and Subversion.   I recommend that the Support issues a guide on what ports are needed, and where it should be configured.   This will help everyone and reduce questions in this area.  It is an important thing to clarify this issue as the failure in it limits the use of the wonderful solution of uberSVN.  Regards, RA
velocity08
velocity08
ralharithi;117255Here is an update for everyone.    Check your firewall, and enable the ports.    If you run an HTTPS, make sure to install the certificate also for uberSVN and Subversion.      I recommend that the Support issues a guide on what ports are needed, and where it should be configured.    This will help everyone and reduce questions in this area.    It is an important thing to clarify this issue as the failure in it limits the use of the wonderful solution of uberSVN.    Regards,  RA
   Hi ralharithi    Im seriously stuck with this one would you mind please providing more information on what you did step by step to actually get this working i have been stuck on this for days now.    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.    Thank you in advance.    Gerardo.
pburma
pburma
In the uberSVN install directory there is a conf.d sub-directory where you will find a file called "50-repositories.conf".   When SSL is enabled for uberSVN it will create these entries automatically for all SVN repos.  SSLEngine on  SSLCertificateFile openssl/certs/ubersvn.crt  SSLCertificateKeyFile openssl/certs/ubersvn.key  Probably the easiest thing to do is to replace the cert files with your own using the same file names. When SVN settings are changed uberSVN will re-write those config files, and any customizations you make in those configs could be lost, which is why you would want to replace the existing keys using the same name as opposed to just editing the config file with different file names. Enable SSL for Subversion in the uberSVN portal, it is located in Administration --> Subversion Server.
velocity08
velocity08
pburma;117567In the uberSVN install directory there is a conf.d sub-directory where you will find a file called "50-repositories.conf".    When SSL is enabled for uberSVN it will create these entries automatically for all SVN repos.   SSLEngine on   SSLCertificateFile openssl/certs/ubersvn.crt   SSLCertificateKeyFile openssl/certs/ubersvn.key    Probably the easiest thing to do is to replace the cert files with your own using the same file names. When SVN settings are changed uberSVN will re-write those config files, and any customizations you make in those configs could be lost, which is why you would want to replace the existing keys using the same name as opposed to just editing the config file with different file names. Enable SSL for Subversion in the uberSVN portal, it is located in Administration --> Subversion Server.
   Thanks pburma that worked a treat.    Any advice on changing the default port to 443 so it can be inline with our firewall policies?    When attempting to change to 443 there seems to be another service running on this port but its a fresh install so not really 100% sure where to check with this.    Any advice/ assistance would be greatly appreciated.    Gerardo.
pburma
pburma
uberSVN installs a separate instance of Apache and sets it to run on :9890 by default. You can change the port no problem but could be that a pre-existing apache that is common on many out of the box linux installs is running and using the 443 port. You can stop this apache running "service httpd stop" and see if that is the issue. If it is you have two options, to stop the standard apache (which means 443 and also port 80 will now be free) or if you have something running on the http 80 port you would need to go into the apache config, /etc/httpd/conf.d/ and manually edit the ssl.conf file there so the 443 listener Listen 443) and corresponding virtualhost are disabled. Once those edits are done restart apache and you should be able to run the uberSVN on port 443.

1-8 of 8

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.