uberSVN upgrade removes Jenkins tab

dmuldr
dmuldr
Support: The latest email message related to upgrading uberSVN has a couple of holes. Item #3 should add or include clicking on the Updates tab There are new updates for uberSVN available to install. You can download and install these updates right away by following these steps: 1) Login to uberSVN using your administrators account. 2) Click on the Administration tab. 3) Click the "Download Components" button download all available component updates. 4) Click the "Install Components" button to install all available components. Our main issue with the upgrade process and versioning is the following: Another subsequent issue is that we had the Jenkins uberApp installed and integrated in to uberSVN but now the Jenkins tab is gone, not visible from the uberSVN web interface. The upgrade was for Apache Tomcat, Subversion 1.7 binaries, uberSVNCore and uberSVN Updater. Event though Jenkins tab is gone, the integrated build is still available as seen through the additional Hudson Tray Tracker and we can build. We just cannot see and configure Jenkins. Log file shows this -> [22 Dec 2011 10:50:36] WARN (?:?) - uberSVN appstore catalogue unavailable. Is there a manual recovery of Jenkins or do we have to redploy the Jenkins integrated app from within uberSVN? The uberSVN reports Jenkins Continuous Integration at 1.409.1-6 while the Jenkins war file was upgraded to 1.424. Admin/tab reports Jenkins. UberApps/ManageApps shows Jenkins and is active. We have had a number of issues with Jenkins such as loss of job configurations and tricks to get Jenkins working again. Please let us know where we should look to fix Jenkins tab and appstore. Thank you

Last updated

ianwild
ianwild
Hi, This sounds like it might just be a tab visibility issue. I'll investigate if there is anything known and get back to you. If you go back into uberApps do you see a configure option at all? Ian
ianwild
ianwild
PS - I'm moving this thread into the uberSVN forums where more people with expertise on this will see it. Ian
dmuldr
dmuldr
Additional info requested Thank you for the reply and moving into the correct forum. In uberApps -> Manage Apps Jenkins is listed and active. I am able to configure. The Jenkins was upgraded to 1.442 about a month ago but the uberSvn Admin -> Updates lists as 1.409 the version I started with. The Admin Tab manager lists Jenkins and the entry is not set to open in a new tab If catalina log or other log files are of value we could extract and post for 12/27/2011. I looked but did not find much. The uberSVN web interface is no different from the upgrade or from a system reboot (MS updates applied) Dave
dmuldr
dmuldr
Eek what. You have the capability to upgrade within Jenkins and within uberSVN upgrades. However, uberSVN fails to recognize there is an upgrade available for Jenkins but certainly finds other upgrades. I would be happy to see uberSVN do the upgrade but so far have seen the integration of Jenkins fail losing my jobs and everything. Not a welcome site when the smallest change nukes all the previous work done to integrate a Subversion repository and a build system. Not understanding why an upgrade of uberSVN removes a tab, yet still shows the uberApp being available and working. If you have a document that explains how to upgrade Jenkins would be great to see. What do you imply or mean the long term support version? If one were to look at plugins they need to work with certain Jenkins versions. Jenkins app provides a means to get the upgrade. I am not following you on how best to let uberSVN do the upgrade and certainly am trying to work with the application as best possible, defiantly not behind the back. I started this thread to attempt understanding the uberSVN upgrade which had an effect on the JenKins tab visibility. Prior to that all was well and the Jenkins tab was visible.

1-6 of 6

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.

Post a reply