[subversion] Accent problem after migration windows to linux repository

cassyb
cassyb
Hello, I want to migrate a server from Windows to Linux subversion (Red Hat). We work on Windows, using Tortoise or Subclispe like svn client. Our IDE are configured to use UTF-8. We have problem with accents we checkout the the new subversion repository on the linux server. This problem disappears if we set encoding on our IDE in ISO-8859-1 the command [code]local[/code] on red hat returns: [quotes] LANG = en_US LC_CTYPE = "en_US" LC_NUMERIC = "en_US" LC_TIME = "en_US" LC_COLLATE = "en_US" LC_MONETARY = "en_US" LC_MESSAGES = "en_US" LC_PAPER = "en_US" Lc_name = "en_US" LC_ADDRESS = "en_US" LC_TELEPHONE = "en_US" LC_MEASUREMENT = "en_US" LC_IDENTIFICATION = "en_US" LC_ALL = [quotes] and the command [code]cat / etc/sysconfig/i18n[/code] returns [quotes] LANG = "en_US" SUPPORTED = "en_US.UTF-8: fr_FR: fr" SYSFONT = "LatArCyrHeb-sun16" [quotes] When I edit a file, or when I export a file from the repository, there is no problem on the linux server even if the command [code]file-i[/code] don't return an encoding. If I create a new file encoded in utf-8 export it...no worries. My problem is that svnadmin dump seems to be losing the encoding ... How to resolve this problem of encoding? Thank you for your help.

1-1 of 1

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.

Post a reply