Repository creation failed...

alszeb
alszeb
Repeated These Steps with Success    I was encountering the same problem as Eraldo and was able to fix by repeating his steps exactly (not including step 4).    First I tried a similar procedure that did not work and apparently gave me the save error.  The differences in my first procedure were as follows: In steps 1 and 5 I also uninstalled and reinstalled, respectively, WANdiscoSubversion-Client_1.7.5-1.    I uninstalled the subversion-client before attempting to repeat the steps exactly.    I didn't try to repeat the error with installs of WANdiscoSubversion-Client_1.7.5-1.    Thanks for the help!
xjordanx
xjordanx
Is anyone from this thread still having the problem? I did a brand new install today of the current version and I'm having the same issue, but this thread is over a year old!
karanits
karanits
xjordanx;120622Is anyone from this thread still having the problem? I did a brand new install today of the current version and I'm having the same issue, but this thread is over a year old!
   I do have it .. did a clean install. But problem is there
sonicflare
sonicflare
To anyone, who still struggle with this problem, here is the viable workaround that i have found.    The uberSVN uses HSQLDB database to store all the information. Its a 100% pure java database engine. It stores all the data as SQL statements (like INSERT, CREATE) and resides in ubersvn-db folder. Here are steps to add a new repo directly in uberSVN database, and skipping the whole java hl problem as whole.    Steps:    1. MAKE A BACKUP (srsly, do it)  2. Stop Uber svn windows services  3. If you know SQL and are confident enough, you can edit the ubersvn-db.script directly in Notepad and find a table called REPOSITORIES ("INSERT INTO REPOSITORIES VALUES") and add your statement to it. The column for table are:    PUBLIC.REPOSITORIES   (   ID,   DATECREATED,   DATELASTMODIFIED,   AUTHENTICATIONTYPE,   AUTHORISATIONTYPE,   DAVLOCATION,   LOCATIONONDISK,   NAME,   SIZEGRAPHIMAGE,   LDAPCONNECTION_CONNECTIONID,   ANONYMOUSREADENABLED   )    so your INSERT would look like:    INSERT INTO REPOSITORIES VALUES(ID,{Creation date},{Modify date},{Name of LDAP, if you use any},'Internal',{Name},{Location on disk},{Name again?},NULL,{Ldap connection id, if you use any},{FALSE/TRUE})    alternativly  You can use the DbVisualizer, and download the HSQLDB 1.8.1 JDBC driver.    Anyhow, do it at your own risk :o
harsha.ub
harsha.ub
repository creation failed    Hi,    I am having the same problems as mentioned by couple of people on this thread.    My installation details are  #12.11-2086 SVN - 1.6 on a Windows 7(64bit) machine, Firefox 16.0.2 browser.    Problems  1. The repository browser crashes - with the message - An unhandled internal application error has occured  2. Cannot create repository - It asks me to restart if its a new installation.    This is a new problem, I am running UberSVN since last few months without issues. No new updates have been done to ubersvn!    Debugging I have tried -  1. findstr for VC80.CRT but it returns empty.  2. ran the dependency walker on libsvnjavahl-1.dll and it returns error opening file for a) MSVCR80.dll and IESHIMS.dll      Please help me!!!
Mand
Mand
Hi there,   What do the logs say?
harsha.ub
harsha.ub
Mand;127095Hi there,   What do the logs say?
  Well, I figured that the VC distribution might have been changed/removed during some other SW installation/uninstall. The thing was so screwed that I could not even make a dump file from my repos......so I just reinstalled.   Regards Harsha
Mand
Mand
Is it all working ok now?
DerekJ
DerekJ
I was running into something very similar... 3rd time is a charm after install/uninstall... Third time, I ran the installer as Administrator (I am running Win7x64 with latest Java updates).   The first installations, I was getting a message that the path could not be modified, and the repository could not be made even after manual edits and system restarts. I figure there may be other registeration items/registry/etc that required full administration (Windows 7 does not give you full 100% admin rights even if you are an administrator unless you use the Run as Administrator... my UAC settings are basically as minimal as it can go).
Mand
Mand
Thanks for letting us know.   Everyone loves Windows permissions issues right? :rolleyes:

41-50 of 50

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.