The first step is always the hardest - svn in Bashscript

Gunder
Gunder
Hey Guys, I want to learn how to handle SVN-commands in a Bash-script. I've tried this: #!/bin/bash VERZ="d:/development/workspace/${1}" CMD="svn info ${VERZ}" $CMD  Seems very easy. But it's not working. I've got an error: svn: Error resolving case of 'd:\development\workspace\Test   Where are the mistakes?

Last updated

andyl
andyl
Why are you using bash on Windows? Unless you have a very specific use case that cannot be satisfied otherwise, use the native Windows tools & shells.
squeekjjy
squeekjjy
sorry to be a bother but what OS are you using ? if you are using windows then have you tried creating a .bat file instead ? this is how windows handles scripts normally.  open notepad and type:  VERZ="d:\development\workspace\${1}"  CMD="svn info ${VERZ}"  $CMD  save the file like this, nameoffile.bat  then when you click on it it might resolve your issue,    the actually code might be wrong but that is how you normally create .bat files, ( make sure you have file extensions as visable in your folder options so you can change the .txt to a .bat file)    EDIT    are you able to try creating a .bat with this script please as i think this is what your after    cd d:\development\workspace\${1}  svn info    then save that as a .bat and double click it, i personally have no idea what ${1} is so if something isnt working it could be worth deleteing the \${1} ( right click on file and edit )    im not promising any of these will work as i dont know what you want the script to do other then give you information in a file location
andyl
andyl
BAT files are dead, anyone who values their sanity has progressed to Powershell.

1-5 of 5

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.