Require ldap-group

CodeNinjaSD
CodeNinjaSD
I know this didn't work in the previous version of uber but I was hoping that it would in v12. Has anybody had any luck specifying ldap-group for repo authn? Thanks...

Last updated

ksheehan
ksheehan
CodeNinjaSD;120467I know this didn't work in the previous version of uber but I was hoping that it would in v12. Has anybody had any luck specifying ldap-group for repo authn? Thanks...
   Hi CodeNinjaSD,    We've done a fair amount of work surrounding implementing LDAP support withing uberSVN. We've improved the UI and user journey which includes tool tips and moving features for increased visibility. Additionally we've done some work around Apache authenticating against an Active Directory server over SSL.    In order to enable LDAP authentication, you will need to create an LDAP authority from the LDAP locations tab (under the Admin tab). After you've retrieved your users you will need to enable LDAP authentication by navigating to the Authentication tab of your desired repo. To restrict which users have access to this repo you will need to administer their permissions by creating a team. Here's the link to the Release Notes for more detail on this release.    Thanks,  Katherine
wmellors
wmellors
Hi CodeNinjaSD  We put an update to uberSVN out yesterday, onto the Latest Channel, which has a number of changes in it around LDAP. Are you running version 12.07 currently? If not, I'd suggest you update to it and see what you think.   Thanks  Wayne
CodeNinjaSD
CodeNinjaSD
ksheehan;120474Hi CodeNinjaSD,    We've done a fair amount of work surrounding implementing LDAP support withing uberSVN. We've improved the UI and user journey which includes tool tips and moving features for increased visibility. Additionally we've done some work around Apache authenticating against an Active Directory server over SSL.    In order to enable LDAP authentication, you will need to create an LDAP authority from the LDAP locations tab (under the Admin tab). After you've retrieved your users you will need to enable LDAP authentication by navigating to the Authentication tab of your desired repo. To restrict which users have access to this repo you will need to administer their permissions by creating a team. Here's the link to the Release Notes for more detail on this release.    Thanks,  Katherine[/QUOTE]    Hi Katherine! Yes I noticed all the changes and welcome them! I do have group authn working through ldap url query in LDAP Locations. The whole point of this is to avoid having to manage another system of users independently from our IDP. So it is preferable to pull in group authn data from the IDP directly...    [QUOTE=wmellors;120475]Hi CodeNinjaSD    We put an update to uberSVN out yesterday, onto the Latest Channel, which has a number of changes in it around LDAP. Are you running version 12.07 currently? If not, I'd suggest you update to it and see what you think.      Thanks    Wayne
   Wayne, trying now...thanks!
CodeNinjaSD
CodeNinjaSD
wmellors;120475Hi CodeNinjaSD  We put an update to uberSVN out yesterday, onto the Latest Channel, which has a number of changes in it around LDAP. Are you running version 12.07 currently? If not, I'd suggest you update to it and see what you think.   Thanks  Wayne
  Thanks Wayne. Running 12.07 now and Require ldap-group still doesn't seem to be working...
ksheehan
ksheehan
Hi CodeNinjaSD,   Sorry I misunderstood what you were asking at first. At present uberSVN doesn't support the require ldap-group directive but I'll ensure this is raised as an improvement (if it's not already in the pipeline) and hopefully we can add this in the near future.  You may want to have a look at our Access Control plugin; you can download a free trial through our uberAPPS store. With it you can create more granular permissions with teams and sub-teams, this is again on the authorisation side instead of authentication but it may be of benefit to you. http://www.ubersvn.com/apps/access-control Thanks, Katherine
CodeNinjaSD
CodeNinjaSD
Great Katherine, thanks for the info! I will keep an eye out for this inclusion. From my understanding it shouldn't be too far removed from where you guys are at with the product now. Does uber leverage SSSD for ldap authn?
ksheehan
ksheehan
Well hopefully we can get this added in soon, for reference the issue number I've raised this under is ESVNB-3827.  As for SSSD, no uberSVN doesn't utilise SSSD, it uses the java built in client and Apache uses the openLDAP libraries.
CodeNinjaSD
CodeNinjaSD
Thank you! Where exactly can this issue be tracked?
ksheehan
ksheehan
The issue is raised on our internal bug tracking system but once we've resolved it, it will be referenced in the release notes.

1-10 of 10

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.