mime-type changes done using svn command not reflected in SmartSVN 7.0.7

acm
acm
acm
I have a number of jar files in my codebase that are checked in with an svn:mime-type set to "application/octet-stream". If I go through the SmartSVN gui and delete the svn:mime-type, the changes will be reflected in the "Local State" column of the workspace viewer prior to commit (as expected). However, if I use the command line svn client to delete the property, SmartSVN will not reflect those changes in the "Local State" column or by changing the file's icon.      [amartin@virt09:/tmp/mime-type-bug/myco]$ svn propdel svn:mime-type test/examplefile.jar  property 'svn:mime-type' deleted from 'test/examplefile.jar'.  [amartin@virt09:/tmp/mime-type-bug/myco]$    Here's some more svn commands to show that the mime-type is changed in the local checkout:      [amartin@virt09:/tmp/mime-type-bug/myco]$ svn diff  Index: test/examplefile.jar  ===================================================================  --- test/examplefile.jar (revision 0)  +++ test/examplefile.jar (working copy)    Property changes on: test/examplefile.jar  ___________________________________________________________________  Deleted: svn:mime-type  ## -1 +0,0 ##  -application/octet-stream  \ No newline at end of property  [amartin@virt09:/tmp/mime-type-bug/myco]$ svn status   M test/examplefile.jar  [amartin@virt09:/tmp/mime-type-bug/myco]$    However, when I look at the "Local State" column of the SmartSVN workspace viewer of this checkout, it says "Unchanged". I would expect it to say "Modified (properties only)". I believe this is how it worked with SmartSVN 6.x.    Furthermore, when I open up the context menu on the file and go to "Properties" -> "Edit Properties..." it shows that the file has changed:    Screenshot    I have attached a sample repository created with svnadmin v1.7.4 (called myrepo), and a checkout of that repo (called myco) that exhibit this bug. The checkout of the repository has local property changes that are not reflected when viewing them in SmartSVN:    [ATTACH]285[/ATTACH]    Host info:    [amartin@virt09:~]$ lsb_release -a  LSB Version: :core-4.0-amd64:core-4.0-ia32:core-4.0-noarch:graphics-4.0-amd64:graphics-4.0-ia32:graphics-4.0-noarch:printing-4.0-amd64:printing-4.0-ia32:printing-4.0-noarch  Distributor ID: RedHatEnterpriseWorkstation  Description: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation release 6.1 (Santiago)  Release: 6.1  Codename: Santiago  [amartin@virt09:~]$ uname -a  Linux virt09 2.6.32-131.0.15.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue May 10 15:42:40 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux  [amartin@virt09:~]$ head -n1 /apps/smartsvn/7.0.7/Linux_2.6.18_x86_64/changelog.txt  SmartSVN 7.0.7 (2012-10-03)    side note: This forum has pretty restrictive limits for uploading .png and .zip files...

Last updated

acm
acm
I wrote this bug report over 2 months ago.  When one of your paying customers spends the time to report a bug on your software, don't you think you at least owe them a response?
Mand
Mand
Hi there,   Firstly, I'm sorry that this hasn't been picked up before now. I'm not sure how it got missed but I will get this tested and raised today.  Incidentally, there are newer versions of SmartSVN than the one you're currently using (latest is 7.5.3), have you tried updating to the latest version?
Mand
Mand
This is still an issue in the latest version, a bug has now been raised to our development team (SU-17546). We'll keep you posted with progress.
acm
acm
Mand,    thanks for responding to my bug report.    I had been waiting to upgrade until v7.0.8 was released, because you mention in  this thread two months ago that it will fix another issue we're having which I reported. However, I take it the v7.0.x line has been discontinued. You had said you'd update the forum when the new version was released, but it looks like there have been three SmartSVN releases since then, and based on the changelog that issue isn't fixed in any of them.    Could you update me on the status of my other bug report as well?    thanks,  andrew
Mand
Mand
In reality we'll be concentrating on the 7.5.x line in the main. Older versions will get updated as and when required, but new features will be piped into the latest version.   When I gave the previous response that was correct, things can change pretty quickly though :)  The fix for your previously reported bug will go into the next 7.5.x release.

1-7 of 7

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.