Revision graph is very large after repo restructuring

Ursus_B
Ursus_B
Hi,  I've done a restructuring of my repository by parsing a dump file and changing node paths, and now the revision graph is very large. It does not seem to list all tags/branches for a given node anymore, but instead creates new tree nodes for every tag and branch. The same tree in TortoiseSVN looks fine, and lists the tags/branches under each node as usual. The log cache is newly created and the tag/branch layout is correct.  What can be the cause of this problem? Bug?    / Ursus_B

Last updated

Mand
Mand
Hi there,   What version of SmartSVN are you using?
Ursus_B
Ursus_B
Mand;126142Hi there,    What version of SmartSVN are you using?
   I'm using version 7.0.6.
Mand
Mand
Ah ok, have you tried 7.5? The revision graph has been revamped massively there. Shouldn't be an issue in the newer version.
Ursus_B
Ursus_B
Thanks, I just installed it. I have so far only tested it on my original repo, will try it out on the new one in a few hours. I'll get back to you!  By the way, the new UI looks neat! And the revision graph is a fair bit more readable.
Mand
Mand
Glad you like it so far. Let us know when you've had chance to have a play around with it.
Ursus_B
Ursus_B
Hi again, I've been toying around with the new revision graph in both my old repository structure and the new, and there are differences I would like to know the reason for.  First, a little background info:  My old repo structure: ***************** Root ---Module 1 ------tags ---------exampleTag ------branches ---------exampleBranch ------trunk ---Module 2 ------tags ------...  My new repo structure: ***************** Root ---tags ------exampleTag ---------Module 1 ---------Module 2 ---branches ------exampleBranch ---------Module 1 ---------Module 2 ---trunk ------Module 1 ------Module 2  The reason for this restructuring is to simplify tag and branch creation, as all our modules are branched/tagged at the same time anyway. Before the restructuring, the various branches/tags for a given revision graph may line up horizontally as they are unchanged between revisions. But in the new structure, all tags/branches become a distinct entry in the graph. What am I missing? Also, new branches/tags created in the new structure lines up in the graph as expected.  / Ursus_B  EDIT: TortoiseSVN collapses the tags into the respective revision nodes nicely.
Ursus_B
Ursus_B
Hi, Bumping this again, since i'm going to run my conversion script in january, and want to know what is going wrong. Anyone have a clue on why the graph gets big?  / Ursus_B
squeekjjy
squeekjjy
Hi, I found this out and thought it might be help full for you to read through in case you come across something which could help you question. http://www.smartsvn.com/documentation/revision-graph

1-9 of 9

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.