unable to save preferences in SmartSVN 7.5.1 on Mac OS X

bcreane
bcreane
bcreane
Hello, I'm running SmartSVN 7.5.1 on Mac OS X. When I changed a preference (remove obsolete projects - check), I got the following dialog:   "The file '/${smartsvn.home}/my-words.dic' does not exist. Should it be created?"    Normally saving a preference just works. Asking whether I want to save my preferences file is tacky.    After saying "yes," I got the more serious error:   "Could not create the directory '/${smartsvn.home}'.    cheers, bcreane    [ATTACH]290[/ATTACH]

Last updated

squeekjjy
squeekjjy
Hi bcreane,  Would it be possible for you to open SmartSVN using a terminal with the sudo command ? The idea behind this is that this would have all the permissions required as using the sudo command gives you administration permissions.
bcreane
bcreane
Thanks for the reply. No, the issue has nothing to do with permissions -- it looks like SmartSVN is trying to literally create '/${smartsvn.home}' because JavaVM variable isn't set to something meaningful. I found some documentation for this variable: http://www.smartsvn.com/documentation/vmoptions  Hopefully WANdisco devs will fix this problem soon.
Mand
Mand
Hi,   I've raised this as a bug (SU-17462). Our team will work on it and it will hopefully be fixed for the next release.

1-5 of 5

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.