Links in forum notification emails aren't clickable

DavidA
DavidA
Hi    Maybe it is just the way my mail client is setup, but the daily emails that I receive from the SmartSVN forums contain urls for posts, but the urls don't functions as links:    For example:    SmartSVN 7 Context Menus + mapped drives  http://www.svnforum.org/threads/45723-SmartSVN-7-Context-Menus-mapped-drives  In forum: SmartSVN Help and Support    Please will you make them work as clickable links?    Best regards    David

Last updated

squeekjjy
squeekjjy
Hi David,  I think this is an issue with you email client, can you make sure that you have emails from the email address you recieve these emails is set to aprove of attachments, also in some cases you have to press the left Ctrl button and left mouse click the link provided.  Can you confirm you are doing this please? If you are and you are still having issue's then would you be so kind to update us on the email client you are using please and the operating system.  If you are using windows, can you also see if this resolves your issue please; Start button > Default Programs > Set your default programs > click Internet Explorer (or your preferred browser). Does it say " This program has all its defaults " ? If no, click " Choose defaults for this program " > put a check mark on all entries on the list > click SAVE If yes, click Windows Mail (or your preferred client). Check its defaults same method as above. Don't forget to click SAVE.
DavidA
DavidA
Hi Joshua  Well, I'm using Outlook 2010. I am reticent to return Outlook and IE settings to default. For some reason, the SVNForum flags are shown with the green 'Outlook 2003' category flag. Have you seen that? There is no attachment.  BR  David
DavidA
DavidA
Hi Joshua  Please ignore my previous post. It looks like I have, at least, a problem with which email address I am using for my svnforum account. Can I discuss this with an admin offline please?  David
squeekjjy
squeekjjy
Hi David,   If you wish to speak to an admin about this then I would recommend you contact a user by the name of Mand, she is an admin of svnforum.  If you locate her profile page then you might have the option to send her a personal message which will give you the offline conversation you require.  Please be patient on your response time as she may take a few days to reply due to her work load.
DavidA
DavidA
squeekjjy;126698Hi David,    If you wish to speak to an admin about this then I would recommend you contact a user by the name of Mand, she is an admin of svnforum.    
   Thanks, I have done that and my email address is sorted. I will wait to see whether the notification email is better tomorrow.    Thanks for your help.    David
DavidA
DavidA
I now get a 'clean' notification email. But the links are still not clickable. They appear as plain text, not as an underlined link.  David
squeekjjy
squeekjjy
Hi David,  I think this is down to your email client alone, if you was copy this address | www.google.com | and send your self an email, does it come up as a hyper link, if it does then can you send over the web address in full which isn't being hyperlinked from your email please,
DavidA
DavidA
I sent an email with that google link to myself and the link was clickable.  Maybe I should forward the notification email, as I receive it, to you? If so, please send me your email address by private message.  David
squeekjjy
squeekjjy
Hi David,  I received the email you have sent and I can confirm it is received with an hyperlink, my client is iphone mail. What happen's if you send that email you sent me, back to your self ?  If this work's then I think the issue is that you need to sort out your email client setting's to enable hyperlinks from the email address you received this from originally.
DavidA
DavidA
Ok, that's weird. The copy I sent you, as I see it in my Sent Items, has clickable links. Perhaps we had better give up on this, although I will talk to our IT admin to see if there are any settings I can modify here.  Thanks for your help.  David
squeekjjy
squeekjjy
Any time, if you need any further help with anything then please do get back in touch.

1-12 of 12

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.