SmartSVN File Protocol Support?

tboydsto
tboydsto
I understand this has been asked before prior to acquisition by WANdisco, and the answer was no, but now that WANdisco has acquired SmartSVN, are there any plans to add file based protocol?    Harris GCSD has cases requiring this support, and a GUI would be helpful. We are currently looking at SynchroSVN as an alternative, however, since we are already WANdisco customers, we would prefer to stay within WANdisco support model for all products if possible. We would even prefer to wait to deploy SmartSVN if we new that file based protocol was on the SmartSVN road map.    We understand the reasoning why file is not so desirable, however we still have internal customers requiring this protocol on occasion (our default protocols fit well within the SmartSVN space). I know that many others have asked this same question in the past, so it might be beneficial to reconsider the addition of file support. Harris, for sure, would love to have one tool that covered all use cases.    Could you please let us know if there is any possibility of the file protocol being included soon or included on a road map to land in the future?    Ted Boydston  Harris GCSD

Last updated

hasii2013
hasii2013
+1 vote for me

1-2 of 2

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.