svn command missing from install

Jimbo_NC
Jimbo_NC
Hi All,  I have UberSVN setup on Ubuntu 12.10 server. This is a fresh install and it works. I did not, as in the past, hav Subversion installed prior to UberSVN, I simply installed UberSVN with Subversion. I am now in need of creating a dump of some Repos, but when I enter svn on the command line, it states that svn command not found. In my previous install of UberSVN, I had Subversion installed before installing UberSVN, so therefore had a complete installation. I did not realize that UberSVN only installs a "Lite" version of SubV.  My question is how can I gain a full installation of Subversion without destroying my current installation and Repos? I thought about just doing an apt-get install Subversion, but didn't want that to over-write what was there. I only need to add the svn, svnadmin commands. How can I safely add these into my current install.  Thanks in advance.  Jim

Last updated

Mand
Mand
Hi there,   You can install command line Subversion, but this shouldn't be necessary.   Did you know you can create a repo dump file from within uberSVN (Repositories >> Administration >> Dump/export)?
Jimbo_NC
Jimbo_NC
Mand, I don't have an Administration TAB. While in Uber, after selecting Repositories TAB, I have a choice to ADD with Tabs that say Latest and Favorites. That's all. Maybe I should have a different version of Uber than what I have?  [ATTACH]309[/ATTACH]
Mand
Mand
You need to have administrator permissions for the repositories in question.
Jimbo_NC
Jimbo_NC
Duh......Ding, ding, ding, ding......All solved. Thanks for the help Mand. Jim
Mand
Mand
No worries :)

1-6 of 6

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.