Support for GIT patch format

M4rtin
M4rtin
As the title says:    Support for the GIT format of patch file would really be useful. In todays environment SVN and GIT are often coupled. Hence SmartSVN errors out if you try to apply a patch that was created by GIT. IMHO, the differences are minimal. So support would be possible with probably minimal effort in the first place.    For example: Changing this header:  diff --git a/test/Unit/enable_stack_test.c b/test/Unit/enable_stack_test.c  index c0f67b3..eeebd6c 100644  --- a/test/Unit/enable_stack_test.c  +++ b/test/Unit/enable_stack_test.c  @@ -18,21 +18,13 @@ void __clear_cache(void* start, void* end)    ...to this:  Index: test/Unit/enable_stack_test.c  ===================================================================  --- test/Unit/enable_stack_test.c  +++ test/Unit/enable_stack_test.c  @@ -18,21 +18,13 @@ void __clear_cache(void* start, void* end)    ...makes a GIT patch for this file be applicable to a SVN repo with SmartSVN.    Any thoughts / plans in that direction?

Last updated

Mand
Mand
Hi there,   I've raised this to the project team as a suggestion (SU-17560). We'll keep you posted.
M4rtin
M4rtin
Mand;129593I've raised this to the project team as a suggestion (SU-17560). We'll keep you posted.
 Thank you for taking attention. I'll patiently waiting... ;-)

1-3 of 3

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.