Fonts in File/Revision Compare (SmartSVN 7.5.3)

TimChippingtonDerrick
TimChippingtonDerrick
Hi    I have been using the free version of SmartSVN for a while, but updated to the newer 7.5.3 recently. Seems like a good improvement from 6.x, but I noticed something strange I don't understand. The File/Revision compare window consistently uses either a different font size or line spacing for the pristine and working copy. This means that the lines of text in the two halves don't line up properly. See the first example screenshot that should be attached    Also note that it reports the first line as being different, even though the text on the line has not changed. Seems to be a mistake. But when I then took the left version at that (supposed) change, both side have that line in a smaller font, but then the rest of the lines do match up side-by-side OK for the rest of the file. See the second attached screenshot    This behaviour is consistent across several different files and has been seen on two different machines (both Windows 7 with all updates)    Anyone else noticed this behaviour? Anyone got any good suggestions?    Tim        

Last updated

Mand
Mand
Hi,   I don't see any attached screenshots?
TimChippingtonDerrick
TimChippingtonDerrick
Sorry, could not get images to appear in message after several attempts. Trying to host them elsewhere...            Tim
TimChippingtonDerrick
TimChippingtonDerrick
Tried to reply and the post just vanished? Tried to edit the original post and that has vanished too... Help! Tim
TimChippingtonDerrick
TimChippingtonDerrick
Trying again to attach the images    Here are the tiny screenshots. The file size limits are really restrictive. Hope you can see the effect.    This is the first image. No real differences in the first lines but the two views use different font sizes so although they line up at the top, they don't line up at the bottom:  [ATTACH]314[/ATTACH]    If I take the left "change" on the first line, both views do line up OK all the way down, but the changed first line is in a much smaller font:  [ATTACH]315[/ATTACH]    Tim
TimChippingtonDerrick
TimChippingtonDerrick
Lots of people looking at this thread, but no replies yet, other than Mand pointing out that the images I tried to attach didn't work.  Has anyone else seen this effect or is it just me?  Anyone got any suggestions on how to correct this issue?  Thanks, Tim
Mand
Mand
Hi Tim,   This issue has been fixed in our intermediate build. Can you test and make sure it sorts your issue? You can find it here.  The actual cause is still under investigation.
TimChippingtonDerrick
TimChippingtonDerrick
OK, I have downloaded the intermediate build and it seems OK so far on the first machine in two projects I have looked at so far.  Seems to have resolved the font size issue so far. I'll update the other machine later and update with the status when I have tried a few more tests Thanks Tim
Mand
Mand
Great, thanks very much

1-9 of 9

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.