SVN hooks not working at all during commit

curlingbunny
curlingbunny
I'm trying to use svn hooks in my repo, but it doesn't seem to work fine. In the following are the steps I tried to approach:    checked out from a remote server: remote server    since the checked out repo doesn't have any content, I created a new svn repo locally and copied over everything including the /hooks folder to my checked out repo.    I created an empty file in the checked out repo and added a line of text. Then svn add this file.    modified the hooks/pre-commit.tmpl file and now it looks like:    #!/bin/sh  echo "start pre commit test" >> *my checked out repo dir*/CommitMessage  exit 0  add execute permit to all users and copy the pre-commit.tmpl to pre-commit    in the checked out repo I committed the changes using: svn commit -m "dumb change"    Now from here I should see a CommitMessage file and with the text "start pre commit test" in it right? Somehow I don't see it anywhere.    If I run ./hooks/pre-commit, it works fine. I ran env - svn commit -m "dumb change" 1234 as well, but still nothing. Seems like when committing, it doesn't call pre-commit at all. Maybe I understood wrong about how the hooks work?

1-1 of 1

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.