Thanks for the heads up, I've raised this through to our team and they'll have a look at it.
i tried Version: 8.5 Release Candidate 2 from [url]http://www.wandisco.com/smartsvn/early-access-builds?referrer=program&edition=professional[/url] but it is still the same.... :-(
Version: 8.5 Release Candidate 2 still crashes
i tried Version: 8.5 Release Candidate 2 from [url]http://www.wandisco.com/smartsvn/early-access-builds?referrer=program&edition=professional[/url] and it still crashes! :-(
Sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting us know - do you have any crash reports or anything you could send in so we could have a look?
[QUOTE=orbrey;168008]Sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting us know - do you have any crash reports or anything you could send in so we could have a look?[/QUOTE]
it is the same error:
libssl.so: undefined symbol: EVP_idea_cbc
version 8.5.1 also crashes!
[QUOTE=MadPenguin;168010]it is the same error:
libssl.so: undefined symbol: EVP_idea_cbc[/QUOTE]
And the same happens now with final official version 8.5.1.
But i found a workaround:
the new version creates a directory named "8.5" inside the ".smartsvn" directory like all the previous versions did with their version name. inside a new directory called "svn-tmp" was created, and there a directory called "2144" was created, where a lot of libraries are placed.
one of the libraries inside the "2144" directory is the libssl.so which crashed like it did with version 8.5 Release Candidate 2 and all 8.5 versions before.
i replaced the libssl.so by the libssl.so from my system from /usr/lib64.
after this it started.
and i also noticed that inside this "2144" directory the same libraries were stored under different names, instead of linking.
i cleaned this mess up with a proper "ldconfig" call.
but strangely enough i noticed that when restarting smartsvn the content of ~/.smartsvn/8.5/svn-tmp/2144 was again replaced by smartsvn with it's own versions.
it seems, that smartsvn checks at every start, if the files it wants to copy to ~/.smartsvn/8.5/svn-tmp/2144 are alle there and stored under a certain name.
so i replaced the wrong libssl.so, made the links to point to the correct names and made the ~/.smartsvn/8.5/svn-tmp/2144 read-only, and now it seems to work.
hard work to workaround your bug!
so, there are many things wrong with this new version under linux!
[*]it's not a goog idea to supply an application with it's own version of libraries, when these libraries are already installed on the system.
[*]if it's not possible to avoid point 1, then the supplied libraries should not crash.
[*]the supplied libraries should not be installed two or three times under different names, but instead use linking.
Zobacz jak powinien wyglądać pierwszy pocałunek