smartsvn 8.5 preview 3 crashes on linux

MadPenguin
MadPenguin
hi, i am using openSUSE 13.1 x86_64. Java version: java version "1.7.0_60-ea" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_60-ea-b02) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.60-b04, mixed mode) smartsvn 8.0.1 works smartsvn 8.5 preview 3 crashes with the following error when selecting/opening an existing project: /usr/lib64/jvm/java/bin/java: symbol lookup error: /home/rainer/.smartsvn/8.5/svn-tmp/2072/libssl.so: undefined symbol: EVP_idea_cbc it seems the supplied private libraries installed under ~/.smartsvn/8.5/svn-tmp/2072 have some problems...

Last updated

orbrey
orbrey
Thanks for the heads up, I've raised this through to our team and they'll have a look at it. Cheers, Matt
MadPenguin
MadPenguin
i tried Version: 8.5 Release Candidate 2 from [url]http://www.wandisco.com/smartsvn/early-access-builds?referrer=program&edition=professional[/url] but it is still the same.... :-(
MadPenguin
MadPenguin
Version: 8.5 Release Candidate 2 still crashes i tried Version: 8.5 Release Candidate 2 from [url]http://www.wandisco.com/smartsvn/early-access-builds?referrer=program&edition=professional[/url] and it still crashes! :-(
orbrey
orbrey
Sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting us know - do you have any crash reports or anything you could send in so we could have a look?
MadPenguin
MadPenguin
[QUOTE=orbrey;168008]Sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting us know - do you have any crash reports or anything you could send in so we could have a look?[/QUOTE] it is the same error: libssl.so: undefined symbol: EVP_idea_cbc
MadPenguin
MadPenguin
version 8.5.1 also crashes! [QUOTE=MadPenguin;168010]it is the same error: libssl.so: undefined symbol: EVP_idea_cbc[/QUOTE] And the same happens now with final official version 8.5.1. But i found a workaround: the new version creates a directory named "8.5" inside the ".smartsvn" directory like all the previous versions did with their version name. inside a new directory called "svn-tmp" was created, and there a directory called "2144" was created, where a lot of libraries are placed. one of the libraries inside the "2144" directory is the libssl.so which crashed like it did with version 8.5 Release Candidate 2 and all 8.5 versions before. i replaced the libssl.so by the libssl.so from my system from /usr/lib64. after this it started. and i also noticed that inside this "2144" directory the same libraries were stored under different names, instead of linking. i cleaned this mess up with a proper "ldconfig" call. but strangely enough i noticed that when restarting smartsvn the content of ~/.smartsvn/8.5/svn-tmp/2144 was again replaced by smartsvn with it's own versions. it seems, that smartsvn checks at every start, if the files it wants to copy to ~/.smartsvn/8.5/svn-tmp/2144 are alle there and stored under a certain name. so i replaced the wrong libssl.so, made the links to point to the correct names and made the ~/.smartsvn/8.5/svn-tmp/2144 read-only, and now it seems to work. hard work to workaround your bug! so, there are many things wrong with this new version under linux! [LIST=1] [*]it's not a goog idea to supply an application with it's own version of libraries, when these libraries are already installed on the system. [*]if it's not possible to avoid point 1, then the supplied libraries should not crash. [*]the supplied libraries should not be installed two or three times under different names, but instead use linking. [/LIST]
onar012
onar012
Zobacz jak powinien wyglądać pierwszy pocałunek

1-8 of 8

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.

Post a reply