Notification to end users when object is checked out by other user

rchokler
rchokler
Hello  I would like to implement the basic lock and unlock solution  That mean if user 1 lock to work on any object on project the other user will not have any rights to change this objects untill user 1 will unlock it.  I put the svn:needs-lock (property)    How can i make kind of notification or change symbol to all users when one of them checked out the objects and is working on it ?

Last updated

orbrey
orbrey
Hi there,  There's a good chapter on advanced locking in the Subversion book here: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.advanced.locking.html  Unfortunately it's not possible to get any sort of icon displayed at present, though as the chapter states the file will usually be read only (even if checked out when locked) and if a user runs svn status -u it'll show any locked files. Given that it's probably best to make sure your users are running that command whenever checking out (and possibly before a commit as well) if they're likely to be working on a locked file.  Hope that helps.

1-2 of 2

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.