How to get the src code's SVN version num in delphi7 IDE automatically when compiling

yipianlvye
yipianlvye
Dear admin: How can I get the newest SVN version number of the project’s source code when I compile the project?My IDE is Delphi7. Now the tortoise svn has been successfully integrated into Delphi7 IDE, see figure1: But we need to automatically access to the source code ‘s SVN version number and write it to specified location,such as “about” menu, when compiling&building. So we can query to the corresponding source code version number on the executable program menu. We have implemented this feature in the Visual Studio 2008 IDE , using ‘subwcrev.exe’, a interface provided by SVN. I am looking forward to your reply, thank you so much! Yours Yipianlvye May 14th, 2014

Last updated

orbrey
orbrey
You can get the revision of the working copy by using the 'svn info' command, and the revision of a specific file in the working copy with the same command: 'svn info path/to/filename.file' Not sure if it'd be possible to script that in delphi but I'd be surprised if you couldn't automate it in some way. Hope that helps.

1-2 of 2

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.

Post a reply