SmartSVN 8.5.3: Performance is bad at initialisation

M4rtin
M4rtin
Dear all,    I tried SmartSVN 8.5.3 recently as it is stated with something like "major performance improvements".  Well maybe I am the only one, but in fact I experience exactly the opposite. My projects (that usually link to several working copies) take ages until they are ready for operation. When I open a project I see the folders in the directory pane but scanning these so that the SVN operations (like "update") are enabled takes up to 3 minutes. It looks like it doesn't really matter how large the WS is. Also, this applies to local as well as "global" (internet based) repositories. Also, a clean new checkout does not help.    What's the problem? Where could be the bottleneck?

Last updated

orbrey
orbrey
Hi there,  Unsure at the moment I'm afraid, how long did these operations take using SmartSVN 8.0.X to run as opposed to 8.5? Also does the Subversion command line client take similar time to do the same operations?
M4rtin
M4rtin
orbrey;168514Hi there,    Unsure at the moment I'm afraid, how long did these operations take using SmartSVN 8.0.X to run as opposed to 8.5? Also does the Subversion command line client take similar time to do the same operations?
   Well 8.0.x was quicker, but even more 7.5.3 was.    On the command line I get results instantaneously.

1-3 of 3

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.