SmartSVN 8.5.4: Changesets disappear

faurich
faurich
Hi,    after updating my SmartSVN from v8.5.3 (build 2199) to 8.5.4 (build 2218 or 2224), Change Set functionality seems broken.  When launching SmartSVN, and there are Change Sets in the currently selected project, they very shortly show up in the directories list, but disappear immediately.  The same happens when I create a new Change Set: It gets created, shows up in the "Directories" list, but disappears again.    Doing a "svn status" in the relevant project folder reveals that the Change Sets are indeed not gone. SmartSVN simply does not show them anymore.    Manually switching back to v8.5.3 (by editing the file AppData\Roaming\WANdisco\SmartSVN\updates\8.5\current and putting in 2119 as build number) solves the issue for me.      Can you replicate this behavior?

Last updated

orbrey
orbrey
Hi there,  It's an issue we're aware of - though I do need to ask, do you have multiple working copies for this project? That's when the bug seems to manifest itself.  We've done an intermediate build in which this issue is fixed, if you open SmartSVN and go to help -> check for latest build it'll update for you (8.5.4 build 2228).  Hope that helps,  Matt
faurich
faurich
Yes, I have a rather large number of projects, and each project consists of multiple working copies.  I've updated to build 2228 and yes, Change Sets are visible again! Thanks a lot!  I know if the other issue is fixed once I get to commit a Change Set :)
orbrey
orbrey
Excellent, thanks for letting us know :) The second issue should be fixed as well as they're both manifestations of the same bug, though please let us know if it turns out not to be (or anything else untoward occurs).
faurich
faurich
I'm afraid the problem with Change Sets not being deleted automatically still exists in 8.5.5 (build 2238). Again, the Change Set contained changes in several working copies.  One thing that may be relevant: When committing a Change Set (Ctrl-O), I usually modify the commit message (adding the name of the reviewer, which I do no know yet when creating the Change Set). Maybe this causes the item to hang around?
orbrey
orbrey
So they still show up (rather than disappearing) but there's another problem? Sorry if you've done this already though I can't see it, but could you describe the issue - is it when committing, or at some other time, and what is it that happens (or doesn't happen)?
faurich
faurich
There's no other problem than Change Sets not disappearing from the "Directories" panel after they get committed.  Here's my usualy process:  First I create a new Change Set (via Ctrl-H), and maybe add some more files to it later. I always make sure that the option "Delete this changeset automatically once it gets empty" is set. When creating the Change Set, I add a preliminary commit message, which is usually not final.  When the Change Set is complete, I select it in the "Directories" panel and press Ctrl-O. I then modify the commit message (mostly just adding some text to the end of it), and press OK.  The commit is performed successfully, and afterwards the Change Set is empty (it shows no more files associated with it), but it still shows up in the "Directories" panel. Refreshing does not help.  I have to actively right-click the Change Set and select "Delete...".
orbrey
orbrey
Thanks for that, I've raised a new bug internally and will update this thread once it's been fixed with the build number etc.

1-8 of 8

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.