Revision for latest change ?

imported_terminatorul
imported_terminatorul
Hello    Is there a way to tell the revision number when one of my projects changed ?  I mean like svn -q log ./projdir/ and reading the first rev number, but all that without having to display the entire log.  By project I mean a directory and any directories and files inside.    Thank you,  Timothy Madden,  Romania

Last updated

andyl
andyl
Try svn info
imported_terminatorul
imported_terminatorul
Not really    svn info acts on the specified ./projdir/ only.    If I use --recursive than it will list all sub folders and files, which is too much for me.    I just want one revision number, for the latest change in the project.  I want to use it in a script, to include the revision number of my site in my pages, and I would not wait for a listing of all sub folders and files, or all commit messages, just to get the latest revision :(    I guess svnversion is what I am looking for. Not sure if it displays the revision I last updated my copy to, or the revision the project was last changed.
ScottDF
ScottDF
svnversion --help will tell you the answer.
imported_terminatorul
imported_terminatorul
It looks like I need svnversion --commited but I do not fully understand what a mixt revisions, switched working copy is, and ... you see, the thing is, actually, I have no working copy on my web server.    I want to keep temporary, administrative and intermediary files (like .svn directories, backup copies created by my text editor, various files I create during my work) away from the public folder under the web server. Upon a new revision I export the site to a clean directory and then rsync it with the folder on the web server.  I just want to include the last change revision number into the version string on my site.    Users allways have to login to use my site and that is a good moment to query svn for the revision number, and than remember it for the session.  But listing all log dates and times can still take a long time, even if it is done only once at login time.    Any ideeas ?    Thank you,  Timothy Madden,  Romania
imported_terminatorul
imported_terminatorul
Got it!    Ok I got it    svn help log will show that one can use --limit NUM switch to limit the number of log entries displayed. What I wanted exactly !    Timothy Madden  Romania

1-6 of 6

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.