What server platform do you run Subversion on?

Aaron
Aaron
What server platform do you run Subversion on?

Last updated

mkc
mkc
Debian with Apache2 + mod_perl as server. Debian, FreeBSD and Win2k3 as clients.
Derek Mahar
Derek Mahar
What server platform do you run Subversion on? Server: Red Hat Linux, Apache 2 Mandrake Linux, Apache 2 Client: Windows 2000, XP
mja
mja
Server/Client platforms Server: Windows 2000/Apache 2/mod_auth_ldap.dll Clients: Windows XP/TortoiseSVN
Nathan Kidd
Nathan Kidd
Re: What server platform do you run Subversion on? Server: Linux (RH9), svnserve (Apache too slow on 550Mhz P3, 256MB) Clients: Win 2K, XP, 2003 (TortoiseSVN, svn.exe). Solaris, AIX.
fbos
fbos
Server: WinXP Pro Clients: Win2K, WinXP Pro
jeremyp
jeremyp
[url=http://www.linuxfromscratch.org]Linux From Scratch[/url] 5.0. Also have a server running on OS X 3.4 for testing purposes. Both using Apache.
gregor
gregor
FreeBSD, standalone mode
Rosch
Rosch
Server: 3 Linux servers (Suse 9) running on apache Clients: Windows (cygwin/TortoiseSVN),Linux, Mac OS X
BluRonin
BluRonin
Server Solaris at work, running svn. Clients are W2K running Tortoise. Use RH9 at home.
ManfredH
ManfredH
Server: NetBSD 1.6.2 Clients: WinNT, Win2k, WinXP (TortoiseSVN, RapidSVN)
tvrg
tvrg
doesn't matter I voted other, I'm running it on windows as wel as linux and I must say I'm "just" running subversion, it doesn't matter what platform your on.
Rosch
Rosch
Interesting.... Most people run it on Windows (till now according to the poll). I would have thought it other, that *NIX would be the most used platform... Rosch
Pete Mounce
Pete Mounce
I've heard that Windows is uncommonly common...
ganzuoni
ganzuoni
I am trying to run the server on Windows (with Apache) but performances are very low wrt previous Linux server :) Nobody who runs the same configuration has evidence of this ? (Detailed post on Apache section forum). It seems related to a combination of Nagle algorithm + delayed ACK. Guido
s0undt3ch
s0undt3ch
Server: WinXP Pro with Apache1 tunneling to Apache2 with mod_dav_svn.so Clients: TortoiseSVN, Subversion
lovedaddy
lovedaddy
Machine at work Using Subversion to control the source code to 4 active projects, and 5 shared resources between these projects. Machine Specifics:- Server AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 246 * 2 4 Gigs of Ram 200 Gig storage Redhat 64bit edition (against my recommendation of Gentoo however) Clients Windows 2000/XP - latest TortoiseSVN Other SVN::Notify Perl script for spam email When SVN 1.2 arrives, I'm going to put the idea forward of moving all the assets we have in various projects away from an inhouse developed version control system that handles binarys (but has limited branching / tagging functionality) over to SVN =) Really looking forward to trying all that out.

1-17 of 17

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.

Post a reply