Forum Topics

mkc
mkc
Perhaps you should have somewhere for other access methods. Maybe an "Other" forum for issues related to issues with access via filesystem, ssh+svn, webdav autoversioning, viewsvn, etc. Of course this might simply fit under General...    Maybe have an advertising section for people offering consulting or hosting (ahem) services to show off their goods :)    That said, I like the format overall. The colors work well with the svn logo.

Last updated

Aaron
Aaron
I had actually planned on setting up a Google AdSense account for the front page (to help with hosting costs). I also like the idea of Subversion-specific services being advertised.    My only concern would be how to implement it and be fair at the same time. I know there probably aren't many right now, but how would you suggest handling dozens of Subversion service companies that would like their site linked on the front page? Perhaps dedicate a forum to this? Any thoughts?    Aaron
mkc
mkc
Above was me. Feel free to email me at [email]michaelc@wush.net[/email] if you like.
BluRonin
BluRonin
"Aaron"My only concern would be how to implement it and be fair at the same time. I know there probably aren't many right now, but how would you suggest handling dozens of Subversion service companies that would like their site linked on the front page? Perhaps dedicate a forum to this? Any thoughts?  Aaron
   Forum seems overkill to me. Could create a thread and pin it near the top. Does phpBB support that?
Aaron
Aaron
After looking around for awhile, it seems that there aren't many Subversion-related companies around. In this case, it might be ok to go ahead and create a "billboard" box, if you will, on the front page. If it catches on and becomes overwhelming, then I could move them back into a forum. Any thoughts?

1-6 of 6

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.