Need some advice whether SVN is able to prevent the below scenario from happening ?
- Developer A checks out a file. For ease, we call this file 'File A'.
- Developer B, who also wants to work on the file, gets a read only version of 'File A' and starts to make amendments it.
- Developer A completes the amendment to 'File A' and checks in 'File A' (i.e. File A`)
- Developer B now checks out 'File A`', replaces the amended readonly 'File A' he got previously.
- Developer B checks in the amended readonly 'File A'. The changes that was made in 'File A`' are lost.
________________________ chess-rivals.com - play online game against computer