- Create a new folder in Branch A
- Create one or more new files in the new folder
- Commit the new folder and new files
- Cherry pick merge the revision (the new folder and new files) to Branch B
- Commit the merged changes to Branch B
Branch "brB" was updated and the added directory, in this case "gizmo", has not been modified as a result of the cherry-pick merge. In other words when you see the "A branch/brB/gizmo/" line you must interpret that as the "gizmo" object and all of its contents have been added to that directory. Since "gizmo" is a directory that means the entire tree!
_U branch/brB/ A branch/brB/gizmo/
1-2 of 2
You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.