[CentoOS] How to uninstall and reinstall ?

esutton
esutton
I attempted to uninstall by "rm -rf /opt/ubsersvn". When I ran the installer a second time I ignored the warning that a previous instance of uberSvn was detected. I thought I might get away with it until I was warned Apache Subversion Port: 9890 was already in use. Is there a simple way to uninstall uberSvn? What other directories, daemons, services, stuff do I need to remove before reinstalling? I want to uninstall and reinstall uberSVN in an attempt to get it working so I can review it. I am hoping accepting the defaults will increase my chances of getting it working the second time around. Thanks in advance, -Ed

Last updated

ianwild
ianwild
Hi Ed, You nearly did enough I think. You also just have to stop the running ubersvn and apache processes before deleting the directory. You really need to do that manually now - let me know if you need detailed instructions on killing processes. A reboot should also get it if that's easier. The warning about there being a version already installed comes from a file called /var/lock/ubersvn_install. You can safely delete that but if you stopped the process and deleted the install directory you can just ignore the warning about a previous version being installed. I'd be interested too to know what the original problem you had was? Centos was one of our priority platforms for testing, so hopefully we didn't miss anything major. Thanks for helping to test uberSVN. We're here to help so please do ask if you need anything further here. Best Wishes, Ian
esutton
esutton
Thanks. I did stop first. After reboot, I deleted lock, and reinstalled without issues accepting the defaults for most everything. [QUOTE=ianwild;112740]Hi Ed, I'd be interested too to know what the original problem you had was? Centos was one of our priority platforms for testing, so hopefully we didn't miss anything major. Thanks for helping to test uberSVN. We're here to help so please do ask if you need anything further here. [/QUOTE] I created a repo1 and repo2 with trunk, branches, and tags. Then I wanted to be able to browse some familiar source and have something to evaluate. I had issues importing repo dumps. 1 - Selected "Import from uploaded dump file" 2 - Browsed to the dump file I copied to the machine running uberSVN and selected /home/esutton/Desktop/svn/HCM_NDS 3 - Press Done and received exceptio "javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException" My work-around was to open a terminal in /opt/ubersvn/bin/ 1 -./svnadmin create /opt/ubersvn/repositories/hcm_nds 2 - ./svnadmin load /opt/ubersvn/repositories/hcm_nds < /home/esutton/Desktop/svn/HCM_NDS 3 - Select "Add an existing.." from "Create Or Import Repository" and selected /opt/ubersvn/repositories/hcm_nds 4 - After restarting, all was good! Should a user expect to have to logon and enter credentials to browse each repo? We have about 30 repo projects under /opt/ubersvn/repositories. A number of these projects are closely related. VisualSvn has single Windows credentials logon which permits a user to logon once wand browse around the repos. If the user is a contractor, for example, the repo Windows file permission are enabled only for the repos he needs to see. I need to learn about uberSvn security. Questions: 1 - How do I make Jenkins (Hudson) display in a frame within the ubserSVN portal? I saw screen shot of an Extend tab and another with Jenkins displaying in a frame. Was this not ready in time for beta? 2 - Question why is import repo limited to 250 MB? 3 - Why is a license key required to install? Does it expire? 4 - Any direction on how to create and install an https certificate is appreciated. Thank you for your help,
ianwild
ianwild
Hi Ed, Bear in mind that ubersvn and Apache Subversion processes would both need to be stopped if you uninstall that way. Pleased it got sorted anyway. We'll take a look into the dump scenario you've highlighted next week, thanks for that. Nice workaround anyway! As for the repo browser, no, I'd expect a user to need to login once but not for every repo. We may need to rethink the repo browser as this isn't the only issue we've had highlighted. It's based on the Sventon browser currently, which while good, isn't unique in it's functionality and we could probably replace it quite easily (or even offer a choice). Your use case with a contractor should be easily supported by uberSVN. And to your other questions: 1. You called it exactly right. There were three or four more features we wanted to get into the first release, of which the iframe tabs were one. It's a vital feature of the product and it will be coming soon, but I don't know when exactly. I'm extremely keen to see this one make it but it turned out to be quite a bit harder to do than we initially estimated. 2. The import repo from a browser? This is based on a setting in tomcat I believe and may be easy to increase. Let me look into for you further next week. 3. The license key doesn't expire, and the uberSVN platform you have now (and much more) will always be free. In the future we plan to launch a number of add-on paid features under a a product line called uberSVN pro. That will use the same base uberSVN platform and the license key will be used to enable the extra purchased services. Hopefully that makes sense? 4. OOPS - I thought we had this in the documentation. I'll ask our docs team to knock something up next week. It's probably a bit involved so not something I can easily type out now. Your feedback is very much appreciated. Sorry I'm missing a couple of answers there, I'll get back to you with more info on those ASAP. Best Wishes, Ian
nepomya
nepomya
Is there anything else that needs to be cleaned up in order to uninstall the product properly. From the posts above I gather that we need to 1. Delete the install directory 2. Delete SVN Repositories (if that is what is needed) which would typically reside outside of SVN 3. Delete /var/lock/ubersvn_install Also I understand I need to remove the userbsvn user and group from /etc/passwd and /etc/group anything else?

1-6 of 6

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.

Post a reply