Importing Dump File Issue

Everade
Everade
My problem is that i can't import a SVN dump file into uberSVN. The dump file is 480MB in it's size so i can't upload it. That's why i've located it directly on the server and choosed it then with the other option to create a repository using a dump file located on the server. Following Error appreared after a while: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException It created the folder and put some files into it, however i'm not able to fully recreate my repository. The other dump i had which is a smaller file (109MB) worked just fine. I require some assistance here. Cheers Everade

Last updated

ianwild
ianwild
Hi Everade, This sounds like the same problem as posted at [url]http://www.svnforum.org/threads/39563-CentoOS-How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall?p=112743&viewfull=1#post112743[/url] A workaround is suggested there and it would be good to know if that works for you too? I haven't tested this myself but there does appear to be a problem with the initial dump import on larger repositories (I guess that's what Beta's are for!) and I've escalated this as a bug internally for further investigation and resolution. Ian
Everade
Everade
I've installed uberSVN on Windows Server 2008 64 bit. I don't think that solution is going to work for me. Any advise?
ianwild
ianwild
There's no reason the same solution wouldn't work with Windows. If you use a command prompt to issue the svnadmin commands you should find the steps are the same? Let me know if you need more help here. Ian
Everade
Everade
Didn't worked for me, i have not enough experience with CMD commands. Please give me more detailed advice.
John.Chambers
John.Chambers
Hello Everade, Can you try creating the repository without doing the initial dump file loading. Then try and load the dump file using the administration tab for the new repository in uberSVN. It would be interesting to see if this works and the initial load doesn't.
Everade
Everade
Also doesn't work, same error appears.
rbudas
rbudas
Everade, We've reproduced this issue in house and have committed a fix for this that we are now testing. You should see this fix delivered in an upcoming update. Thanks so much for this feedback and your patience here. Regards, - Rob
Everade
Everade
Thanks allot. But i was already able to fix the issue with the help from John. What i had to do was create a new repository with uberSVN, and then use the cmd window (windows server 2008) svnadmin load C:/ubersvn/repositories/rep_name < C:/rep_file.dump when i've created the repository with svnadmin create inside the console, the ubersvn server didn't recognized the folder in the interface of ubersvn. Thanks for your support guys, and thanks for this great tool.

1-9 of 9

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.

Post a reply