Repo Browser fails in Ubuntu - ETA FIX ?

zapisto
zapisto
Hello there, anybody have an ETA for this to get fixed ? next release i believe ? thanks

Last updated

ianwild
ianwild
H Zapisto, Unfortunately this is a problem in the Sventon repository browser that we package and there's no solution we can provide (short of replacing the repo browser we package, which may well be our decision). There is a way you for you to replace the repo browser yourself with an updated version of Sventon (Which due to licensing restrictions we can't package) reasonably easily. I believe we were going to publish some instructions for that but haven't seen them yet, so I will chase that up. Ian
zapisto
zapisto
would be nice to have this instructions i can have a look myself tho, but instructions = less time digging around thanks
John.Chambers
John.Chambers
Hi Zapisto, Sorry for the slight delay in getting this published but [URL="http://docs.ubersvn.com/v1.0/#T13"]here[/URL] is a link to the section in the online documentation that explains how to replace the included sventon repository browser. I hope this solves your problem. However, if you have any further questions then please let me know. Cheers
zapisto
zapisto
thanks i will have a look
zapisto
zapisto
Ok couple feedback on the published procedure. My server is behind a firewall so i could not fully test but i did the change and the procedure seems to work but missing some important part in my opinon in [COLOR="blue"]Blue[/COLOR] : what i would add in [COLOR="lime"]Green[/COLOR] what i would edit/change [LIST=8] [*]Download the latest version of Sventon with SVNkit support - [url]http://prdownload.berlios.de/sventon/sventon-2.5.0-bin-svnkit.zip[/url] [*]Extract Sventon to a folder of your choice. [*]Navigate to that /sventon-2.5.0 [*]Rename svn.war to RepositoryBrowser.war. Important! The case must match. [*]On your ubersvn server stop the uberSVN service using: [CODE]uberSVN_Install_Directory/bin/ubersvncontrol stop[/CODE] [*]Navigate to uberSVN_Install_Directory/tomcat/webapp [*]Delete the RepositoryBrowser folder and RepositoryBrowser.war [*]Copy in your renamed RepositoryBrowser.war [*][COLOR="blue"]Change the owner and the group of the file RepositoryBrowser.war with : [CODE]chmod ubersvn:ubersvn RepositoryBrowser.war[/CODE] Replace ubersvn:ubersvn with the user you install and run the Ubensvn with[/COLOR] [*] Start uberSVN: [CODE][COLOR="lime"] uberSVN_Install_Directory/bin/ubersvncontrol start[/COLOR] [/CODE] This is required to expand the RepositoryBrowser.war into the webapps folder. [COLOR="blue"]Wait for at least 30 sec 1 minutes recommended[/COLOR] [*]Once uberSVN has restarted stop it again. [*]Navigate to uberSVN_Install_Directory/tomcat/webapps/RepositoryBrowser/WEB-INF Open applicationContext.xml in an editor. [COLOR="lime"]Search for "configurationReloadSupported" and change the value="true"[/COLOR] [*]# 12. Save the applicationContext.xml file [*]# 13. Start uberSVN using [CODE][COLOR="lime"]uberSVN_Install_Directory/bin/ubersvncontrol start[/COLOR][/CODE] [/LIST]
John.Chambers
John.Chambers
Zapisto, Thanks for this feedback I will make sure that the document is updated. Can you confirm that you have a working repository browser now? Cheers
zapisto
zapisto
I can confirm Now It is working and it is great to have this feature activate. But i have found some Bug or issue i will make some extended test and report all my founding. But it works. thanks
John.Chambers
John.Chambers
Great, if you need any further help or have any feedback on areas that can be improved within uberSVN then please let me know. Cheers
zapisto
zapisto
Ok I can see some issue with the browser, but i am pretty sure it is not ubersvn but sventon. Anyway here there are for now [LIST] [*]No Scrolling bar when you look at a file who is longer then the screen however you can still scroll by selecting ext and move the mouse on the bottom [*]Need to re logon when you browser a repository (after some thinking , it is pretty normal that's way) [/LIST]
zapisto
zapisto
[QUOTE=zapisto;113057]Ok I can see some issue with the browser, but i am pretty sure it is not ubersvn but sventon. Anyway here there are for now [LIST] [*]No Scrolling bar when you look at a file who is longer then the screen however you can still scroll by selecting ext and move the mouse on the bottom [*]Need to re logon when you browser a repository (after some thinking , it is pretty normal that's way) [/LIST][/QUOTE] Am i the only one with this behavior ?

1-12 of 12

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.

Post a reply