install problem

zebedee3
zebedee3
Hi trying to install ubersvn-32-1104beta on centos5.5 has anyone come across this problem?? # ./uberSVN-32-1104_beta.sh Verifying archive integrity... All good. Uncompressing uberSVN 32 bit Install............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. ./uberSVN-32-1104_beta.sh: ./setup: /bin/bash: bad interpreter: Permission denied

Last updated

ianwild
ianwild
That's a new one on me. It looks like the user you're running as can't execute our bash installer anyway. Could you try instead of ./uberSVN-32-1104_beta.sh running the command 'bash uberSVN-32-1104_beta.sh' and let me know if you get the same error? There's a few solutions to this posted on Google, for example [url]http://www.justlinux.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126810[/url] Please do let us know if you're still stuck. Ian
zebedee3
zebedee3
Thanks Ian. bash uberSVN-32-1104_beta.sh gives same error.
ianwild
ianwild
I think this post sounds relevant: [url]http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1687&forum=31[/url] Can you post the contents of the command 'cat /etc/fstab' please? Ian
zebedee3
zebedee3
All fixed. Enabled compilers, made my login a reseller, then logged in as me , used su- to root; and it installed fine. Thanks for help Ian, much appreciated.
lit_tiger
lit_tiger
Hi , I got same error to install 32-1106_beta I install with root account. when i type command 'cat /etc/fstab' [root@host /]# cat /etc/fstab none /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0 /tmp /var/tmp ext3 defaults,bind,noauto could u please check for me? thanks ,
ianwild
ianwild
Hi there, Is this a real server or a virtual one? There are a few possible reasons that Google throws up for this error, but if you use a hosting provider for this server I think the first step would be to ask them for support. This is something that is happening in the operating system rather than a direct uberSVN problem I believe. Best Wishes, Ian
capte
capte
I get the same error ./uberSVN-32-1106_beta.sh: ./setup: /bin/bash: bad interpreter: Permission denied Log in as root too. on a Dedicated server also tried bash ! Any idea what it could be ?
ianwild
ianwild
I wish I had a suggestion... If you can give me details of your exact set-up (Operating system, hardware overview etc) we can have a go at recreating this internally. With a few people reporting the same thing this has a high priority internally. Google does have suggestions, but far and away the most common is that you don't have the ability to write to the tmp file area or the desired installation location. Another example would be: [url]http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-19374.html[/url] but if you just search that error message in Google a lot of suggestions are returned. I am keen to help so we can better assist with this error in the future so please do let me know how you get on. Ian
capte
capte
Let me know if you need anything else ? [IMG]http://equiteampro.com/report/hardware.png[/IMG] /dev/sda5 on / type ext3 (rw,noatime,usrquota) proc on /proc type proc (rw) sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw) devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620) /dev/sda8 on /home type ext3 (rw,noatime,usrquota) /dev/sda6 on /tmp type ext3 (rw,noexec,nosuid) /dev/sda3 on /usr type ext3 (rw,noatime,usrquota) /dev/sda2 on /var type ext3 (rw,noatime,usrquota) /dev/sda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw,noatime) none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid) none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw) /tmp on /var/tmp type none (rw,noexec,nosuid,bind) I would need to remount the partition, usually /tmp used for installs without the "noexec,nosuid" options And it's not an option on my side. So Let me know if you plan on fixing it on your side so it could work on mine or if you have a suggestion.
lit_tiger
lit_tiger
Hi , What do i need to ask for support.
ianwild
ianwild
Hi Capte, So the way the installer works is that it uncompresses itself initially to the /tmp directory. On most Linux setups this would be a world writable directory which is automatically cleaned up periodically. I do agree that we should be able to handle what happens if we can't write to this location and I've raised a bug (Our ref ESVNB-1911) and hopefully we can do this in the next release. Lit_tiger - I believe you need to ask your host why you don't have write access to the /tmp directory and whether it can be enabled. Ian
lit_tiger
lit_tiger
Hi , When I asked to my server provider. They said it's already support writeabe permission for /tmp folder.. and they supported under following - [root@host ~]# mount /dev/vzfs on / type reiserfs (rw,usrquota,grpquota) /dev/simfs on /tmp type simfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,usrquota,grpquota) /dev/simfs on /var/tmp type simfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,usrquota,grpquota) proc on /proc type proc (rw) sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw) none on /dev type tmpfs (rw) none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw) none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw) could u plz check ?
lit_tiger
lit_tiger
Hi, They said they can't remove noexec for security reason. Maybe could we assign other folder rather then /tmp ? Thanks
lit_tiger
lit_tiger
Hi , Thansk mbooth , I have already installed . But i can't go from my browser which is show on installation process. what should i do?
lit_tiger
lit_tiger
Hi , I follow the instruction from [url]http://docs.ubersvn.com/v1.0/index.html[/url] at step 9. I got [url]http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9890/ubersvn[/url] i go to that url from my browser . I can't see anything. Means, I can't do uberSVN web configuration wizard.

1-20 of 25

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.

Post a reply