Windows domain users authentication

lherrerias
lherrerias
Hi,  it will be possible in the future use Windows domain users in uberSVN?. Currently we use SVN and we do.    Thank you.

Last updated

vinnyjames
vinnyjames
Are these users' credentials ultimately stored in an Active Directory LDAP server?
lherrerias
lherrerias
Thank you for your response.    Yes, users are stored in a Microsoft Active Directory server.
vinnyjames
vinnyjames
Yes you can configure uberSVN to authenticate against LDAP from right within the web administration console.  
phuong
phuong
vinnyjames;114424Yes you can configure uberSVN to authenticate against LDAP from right within the web administration console.  
   Hi, I don't see Default LDAP tab in my admin console. I just have a fresh install of uberSVN-1104_beta. Any idea?  Thanks
phuong
phuong
I just upgraded to 1106, can see the Default LDAP tab now, but don't know how to configure to work with Windows Server 2003 Active Directory
wmellors
wmellors
phuong;114509I just upgraded to 1106, can see the Default LDAP tab now, but don't know how to configure to work with Windows Server 2003 Active Directory
  Hi phuong,  Documentation on the usage of the LDAP feature can be found here.  Hope this helps   Many thanks  Wayne
phuong
phuong
wmellors;114513Hi phuong,  Documentation on the usage of the LDAP feature can be found here.  Hope this helps   Many thanks  Wayne
   Hi Wayne,  Thanks so much for replying. But, because of my stupidity, i don't know the parameters values to fill in the LDAP setting page :-(
ianwild
ianwild
It's always fun (and probably needs some trial and error) setting up LDAP with Subversion. What I recommend is that you use one of the guides Google throws up for configuring Active Directory with Subversion. uberSVN just lets you configure all the Apache settings as per any of these guides, so you just need to follow one of those through.   Good luck,   Ian
wmellors
wmellors
Hi phuong,   LDAP and Active Directory are relatively complicated systems that will need you to have an understanding of how they work, well ahead of time. Apologies if you already do, I'm assuming a little here :)  I'd suggest starting somewhere like here and then moving onto SVN-specific LDAP setup, which is essentially what we replicate into the uberSVN Portal. Something like this may help.  Hope this helps to point you in the right direction.   Thanks  Wayne
phuong
phuong
Hi, I've just done it successfully Really awesome, Thanks, guys
wmellors
phuong
phuong
I've been with MS Team Foundation Server for few years. Now, moving to SVN for my team. Love it!
wmellors
wmellors
phuong;114549I've been with MS Team Foundation Server for few years. Now, moving to SVN for my team. Love it!
   Fantastic to hear that!  Please do let us know if you have any suggestions or improvements for uberSVN. We'll be opening up a new section on ubersvn.com soon, where everyone can suggest a feature or vote up/down what's already there.   Thanks  Wayne

1-14 of 14

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.